Thursday, August 8, 2013

La Roasteria, Seremban

After moving to Seremban, I was really upset that I could not find a good coffee place.
Little did I know, hidden in a quiet area at Seremban 2, La Roasteria is located inside a 2 stories grey building along with a saloon, an anesthetic clinic and a gym. Rather a weird combination, but the ambiance of La Roasteia is cozy and comfortable.

My friends and I were quite thrilled that there is a place serving decent coffee in Seremban besides Starbucks. This place serves coffee, tea, smoothies, pie, main courses, sandwiches. A great place for breakfast, brunch and tea-time.


Macadamia Nut Latte (RM8.20)

Mocha
Original Cheesecake
Original Cheesecake

Chocolate Banana Cake

Chocolate Moist Cake

Seremban Town's Macadamia Nut Latte

Scones with Blueberry Jam and Fresh Cream


Turkey Ham and Cheese Croissant

I have tried taking away coffee at both places and find it disappointing. I took away a latte from Seremban Town's branch to find that 1/4 of the cup was filled with foam and once I'm home, the foam settled and there was 3/4 coffee left. The Macadamia Nut Latte which I took away from Seremban Two was equally disappointing as the milk was burnt, leaving the coffee tasted bitter although the macadamia nut syrup was trying its best to cover up the taste.

I think the coffee is best enjoyed in the respective cafes, however, my friends and I would prefer if the place would play some good music to compliment with the ambiance.

For the food review, we think that the cakes are quite good, but slightly too rich for our likings. So I would suggest sharing the cakes and try more of their other cakes such as Tiramisu and Pavlova. 

The scones are average, suffice to cover up my cravings but not the best. It's slightly dry and isn't as buttery as I have expected. 

They also serve the big breakfast set which includes toast, sausages, omelettes and some salad. A downside of it is, they do not have an ala carte selection for us to add on sunny side ups/sausages/turkey hams. It would be good if they would do that in future.

Price : 3/5 (Above average)
Ambiance : 3/5 (Cozy and comfortable, but needs better music)
Service : 3/5 (Some of their staffs are really friendly :) )
Food : 3/5
Drinks: 3-4/5

Overall, I would still come back to La Roasteria and would want to tryout their other food.
So, stay tune for part 2! :)


La Roasteria Coffee
16, Jalan Kong Sang, 70000 Seremban, NDSK
Time : 8am to 6pm (daily)

LRC S2
69 Persiaran S2-B2, Seremban 2, 70300 Seremban, NDSK
Time : Sunday - Thursday (8am-10pm); Friday and Saturday (8am - 12am)



They have their own stamp coupons as well. Purchasing one cup, gives you a :) stamp.
For 10 :), you can get a free cup of coffee!



No comments:

Post a Comment